Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I like money. Don't you? (But only when it's income.)

I like money. It helps me to eat, and drink, and do those things that make life meaningful. Oh wait, I already said drink. Well, money is good for many reasons. But what I've noticed is that there's a catch to this: Money is only good when it's in-coming. When it's out-going, it turns from good to goods. Goods are another word for things. Things are another word for stuff. I could on for a while so I'll just stop with things. I mean, stuff. Anyway, things and stuff are what we get with our money. This blog is about things you buy and stuff you can do to make the most out of your money. Or should I say, make your money make the most out of you. Something like that..

So I've noticed that there's this big debate about global warming going on. What does that have to do with money and things and stuff? Well, I'm almost to that point. Keep reading.

Global warming is a sham!

Global warming is really real!

The scientists say yes; the scientists say no: What are we to believe? Well.... honestly... does it even matter??

Of course it does.. to someone. Actually to everyone. But I'm getting to that, too.

The point is that global warming is not the point. Too many people focus on the excuse (Global Warming!) rather than the evidence (Wasted energy is wasting our Money!). Did you catch the keyword? Allow me to repeat: M-o-n-e-y. Did you answer yes to the first question in this blog? (It's in the title.) If not, then you might not care to read this blog. In fact, how do you even have internet access and a computer if you don't like money? Interesting. You'll have to share your secrets with me later. For those of you who do like money, let me just say one word: [insert your favorite word here].

Personally, I don't worry about whether global warming is real or not. If it is a possibility, then organizing 7 billion people to "Go Green" sounds about as promising as me getting this blog to be popular. If global warming is not potentially looming over us all, I will most likely do a happy dance and then go skiing. I like skiing.

I might have digressed, but since there's no real point (other than the one I'm about to make), I think I'm right on track. Green is not a concept, it's a color. Okay, I suppose "color" is a concept, technically speaking, so green is both conceptual and color (except to those unfortunate persons who are red-green colorblind.) Green, as both concept and color, is not everyone's favorite option. This is one reason why I'm going to repaint the walls in the room I'm currently sitting in. (What was I thinking? Wait, does thought require sobriety? Because that could explain a lot. We won't go into that now..) So I'm here as an advocate for concept and color individuality and freedom. Don't judge a room because it's green. (That's what I plan on telling potential buyers about my sober, thoughtful choice of wall coloring.) Green has become a dirty word to those who hate tree-huggers and global warming believers. Personally, I'm a little scared by people who hug trees. Why do they do it? Is it for the rough feel of bark against skin? It reminds me of people who like to dress up in animal costumes without getting paid to do so. W.t.f. ... ?

Trees and animals aside, people shouldn't be afraid of the word green. It's a color. Yes, it's a concept, too, but mostly it's a color because some people can't see green but they can still see concepts. Wait a minute.. reverse that. Yeah. So what I've noticed is that even though I can see the color green, I'd rather see the color money. And I thought maybe I'd create a blog to share the wealth (::poke to the ribs, big grin, eyebrow lift x 2::) so that other people could possibly save some money too.

So for those of you who answered YES!, or YOU'RE WEIRD AND SELFISH BUT I KIND OF LIKE YOU!, then please return to view all of the insightful, very sober ideas that I will be presenting in my blog: Money is Green.

Live Money.

Live Green. (..for the people who's favorite color that actually is. Personally, I like blue. That's the color of my other room. I did that one first. Before the beer run, I mean paint run, to the store.)

2 comments:

  1. We use the energy efficiant bulbs, the ones that come in a spiral shape. I personally think that the green homes they are building that are supposed to save energy and money are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I think I'll write a post about green homes. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete